What is Door to Door Auto Transport?
Door-to-door auto transport is one of the most convenient methods to transport a vehicle. It is an auto transport option where the auto transporter picks up your vehicle and then drops it off at your door!
If the door to door auto shipping truck cannot physically fit due to its size, you and the driver will arrange a location nearby for pickup and delivery. All you have to do, in this case, is select a specific address for your car or another type of vehicle to be picked up and dropped off.
Door to door auto transport carriers are the most popular in the industry, and door to door shipping is the most cost-effective method of transporting a vehicle today. We offer door to door transportation services to and from all states in the contiguous United States.
How Much Does Door to Door Auto Transport Cost?
The final cost of door-to-door auto transport depends on factors like the:
- Vehicle make and model – Vehicles that are smaller in size are usually cheaper to transport.
- Delivery time frame – The faster or more urgent the transport is, the higher the cost.
- Distance traveled – Vehicles that need to be shipped in shorter distances are charged lower transport prices.
- Transport type – Do you need open auto transport or enclosed auto transport? The first option offers the best value, and will work great for those on a budget or those transporting standard vehicles. The latter solution costs about 30% more and is perfectly suited to owners of, say, modified or expensive cars.
- Location – When the transport is between major cities, door-to-door auto transport services are less expensive.
- Condition of the vehicle – Is the vehicle inoperable, modified, or operable? The most cost-effective deal is with operable cars/trucks/motorcycles since everything else will require specialist loading and unloading equipment, which increases the price.
- Seasonality – Vehicles transported during the summer usually come with a lower door-to-door auto transport cost. The road conditions during the winter make auto transport more dangerous; hence, increasing the service price.
How Does Door to Door Auto Transport Work?
To understand how door to door auto transport works, follow the three easy steps highlighted below:
Step #1: Get a quote & schedule the pickup
Use our auto transport calculator to figure out the price of our door-to-door auto transport service. It is as easy as 1-2-3. You simply provide some details (i.e., trailer type, condition of the vehicle, make and model, and pick up/drop off locations), and you will get your quote in seconds.
Alternatively, you can use our Live Chat function or call us at (800) 930-7417 to speak to a live representative. Our auto transport experts will be happy to assist you with an all-inclusive quote with no hidden fees or upfront payments.
Step #2: We pick up your vehicle
The door-to-door auto transport carrier will contact you a few hours before the scheduled pick-up time. Ensure that your location is easily accessible by large commercial vehicles. In cases where the truck cannot physically fit at the pickup location, you and the transport truck driver will work out an alternative location (i.e., meet in a wider street or a parking lot nearby).
Before pick-up, the driver will inspect your vehicle and fill out the Bill of Lading accordingly. If there is any existing damage to the vehicle, they will note it down on this document. Don’t worry; the driver will give you a copy to keep. The final stage involves the loading of your vehicle onto the door-to-door auto transport carrier.
Remember that you can contact the driver whenever you feel you need to throughout the duration of the journey. However, we can also provide regular updates about the transport by email, Live Chat, or phone. Just ask!
Step #3: You receive your vehicle at your desired location
As soon as your vehicle reaches its destination, the carrier will get in touch with you to ensure that you are at the specified drop-off location. If you won’t be available to pick up your vehicle at the designated time, you can always ask someone else to receive it on your behalf. In this case, ensure the representative is at least 18 years of age. The last task is to inspect the vehicle to make sure no damage is done during the transport and sign the Bill of Lading, which closes our deal successfully!
Note: Some counties and cities have certain prohibitions when it comes to driving large trucks into residential areas. If this is the case, the driver of the transport truck will let you know that they cannot physically get to the delivery location you specified, and you will need to meet somewhere nearby. Door to door auto transport carriers are 80 feet long; places like suburban areas or tight urban areas are near-impossible for them to operate in.
This is also true if the truck is restricted by things like tight turns, speed bumps, low-hanging trees, or narrow streets. If this is the case, it can actually pose a damage risk to other vehicles on the truck, or the truck itself! As such, the driver may request you meet at a nearby parking lot or another area with sufficient space for a safe pick up/drop off (i.e., a grocery store).
How Long Does Door to Door Auto Transport Take?
The overall vehicle transport transit times vary. This is true, however, of every shipment, and not just door-to-door shipments. Some of the factors that affect them are:
- Distance – The further you need to transport your vehicle, the longer it will take to drop it off at the selected address. This also includes remote locations.
- Driver’s hours – According to the Department of Transportation, a driver cannot be on the road for more than 70 hours per week. These limits are set to ensure the driver gets enough rest and is able to drive safely.
- Weather conditions – Hurricanes, thunderstorms, hail, ice, snow, tornados, and other adverse weather conditions affect the speed at which the driver can transport your vehicle. These weather phenomena also cause traffic, detours, and road congestions, which, too, hamper the carrier.
Benefits of Door to Door Auto Transport
- Vehicle transport made easy for you – You don’t have to break a sweat. You have your vehicle transported from Point A to Point B safely and quickly by experienced drivers. All you need to do is wait for it to arrive right at your doorstep.
- Time-saving option – No more long drives that take forever. We take that responsibility off your shoulders so you can focus on other important aspects of your life. When the vehicle reaches its final destination, you simply pick it up!
- Insured services – We always maintain sufficient insurance when performing door-to-door auto transports for the entire duration of the transportation.
- No need to go to a terminal – Instead of having your vehicle left at a terminal for weeks, which is usually the case with terminal-to-terminal shipping, your driver hauls straight away!
Check Out Our Auto Transport Reviews
- Top Reasons Auto Shippers Are Delayed - January 9, 2023
- Tesla delivers first production semis to Pepsi - December 29, 2022
- New EPA Emissions Rules Decried by Truckers - December 22, 2022