What is Door to Door Auto Transport?
Door-to-door auto transport is one of the most convenient methods to transport a vehicle for the owner. It is an auto transport option where the truck driver picks up your vehicle and then drops it off at a prearranged location or as close to the desired address as legally and safely possible. All you have to do, in this case, is select a specific address for your car or another type of vehicle to be picked up and dropped off.
How Much Does Door to Door Auto Transport Cost?
The final cost of door-to-door auto transports depends on factors like the:
- Model and make – Vehicles that are smaller in size are usually cheaper to transport.
- Delivery time frame – The faster/ more urgent the transport is, the higher the cost.
- Distance traveled – Vehicles that need to be shipped in shorter distances are charged lower transport prices.
- Transport type – Do you need open auto transport or enclosed auto transport? The first option is the best value deal and will work great with anybody on a budget or owners of standard vehicles. The latter solution costs about 30% more and is perfectly suited to owners of, say, modified or expensive cars.
- Location – When the transport is between major cities, door-to-door auto transport services are less expensive.
- Condition of the vehicle – Is the vehicle inoperable, modified, or operable? The most cost-effective deal is with operable cars/trucks/motorcycles since everything else will require specialist loading and unloading equipment, which increases the price.
- Seasonality – Vehicles transported during the summer usually come with a lower door-to-door service cost. The road conditions during the winter make auto transport more dangerous; hence, increasing the service price.
How Does Door to Door Auto Transport Work?
You simply follow three easy steps, which are highlighted right below:
Step #1: Get a quote & schedule the pickup
Use our auto transport calculator to figure out the price of our door-to-door auto transport service. It is as easy as 1-2-3. You simply provide some details (i.e., trailer type, condition of the vehicle, make and model, and pick up/drop off locations), and you will get your quote in a few seconds. We will also notify you about the first available transport date.
Alternatively, you could use our Live Chat function or call us (800) 930-7417. Our auto transport shipping experts will be happy to assist you with an all-inclusive quote (no hidden fees or upfront payments).
Step #2: We pick up your vehicle
The door-to-door auto transport carrier will contact you a few hours before the scheduled pick-up time. Ensure that your location is easily accessible by large commercial vehicles. In any other case, do give us a heads-up, and we will work out an alternative agreement with you (i.e., meet in a wider street or a parking lot nearby).
Before the pick-up, the driver will inspect your vehicle and fill out the Bill of Lading accordingly. If there is any existing damage to the vehicle, they should note it down on this document. Don’t worry, the driver will give you a copy to keep. The final stage involves the loading of your vehicle onto the door-to-door auto transport trailer.
Remember that you can contact the driver whenever you feel you need to throughout the duration of the journey. However, we can also provide regular updates about the transport by email, Live Chat, or phone. Just ask!
Step #3: You receive your vehicle at your desired location
As soon as your vehicle reaches its final destination, the carrier will get in touch with you to ensure that you are at the specified drop-off location. If you won’t be available to pick up your vehicle at the designated time, you could ask someone else to receive it on your behalf. In this case, ensure the representative is at least 18 years of age. The last task is to inspect the vehicle to make sure no damage is done during the transport and sign the Bill of Lading, which closes our deal successfully!
Note: Some counties and cities have certain prohibitions when it comes to driving large trucks into residential areas. So, if the address you have asked your vehicle to be picked up or dropped off is restricted by things like tight turns, speed bumps, low-hanging trees, or narrow streets, the driver may request you meet at a nearby parking lot or another area with sufficient space for a safe pick up/drop off (i.e., a grocery store).
How Long Does Door to Door Auto Transport Take?
The overall vehicle transport transit times vary. Some of the factors that affect them are:
- Distance – The further you need to transport your vehicle, the longer it will take to drop it off at the selected address. This also includes remote locations.
- Driver’s hours – According to the Department of Transportation, a driver cannot be on the road for more than 70 hours per week. These limits are set to ensure the driver gets enough rest and is able to drive safely.
- Weather conditions – Hurricanes, thunderstorms, hail, ice, snow, tornados, and other adverse weather conditions affect the speed at which the driver can transport your vehicle. These weather phenomena also cause traffic, detours, and road congestions, which, too, hamper the carrier.
Benefits of Door to Door Auto Transport
- Vehicle transport made easy for you – You don’t have to break a sweat. You have your vehicle transported from Point A to Point B safely and quickly by experienced drivers. All you need to do is wait for it to arrive right at your doorstep.
- Time-saving option – No more long drives that take forever. We take the responsibility from your back so you can focus on other important aspects of your life. When the vehicle reaches its final destination, you simply pick it up!
- Insured services – We always maintain sufficient insurance when performing door-to-door auto transports for the entire duration of the transportation.
- No need to go to a terminal – Instead of having your vehicle left at a terminal for weeks, which is usually the case with terminal-to-terminal shipping, your driver hauls straight away!