AMERICAN AUTO SHIPPING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. I hereby agree to the transport terms provided by American Auto Shipping. I authorize a small down payment to be paid to American Auto Shipping via a credit or debit card or check by phone or mail. I further understand that any remaining balance is due on delivery and that it must be paid in full via cash, money order, or a certified check to the authorized carrier. The down payment represents our fee and is fully refundable for any reason anytime BEFORE your vehicle is dispatched to a carrier and the carrier’s name, phone number, driver’s phone number and pickup and delivery dates are emailed to you. Once your vehicle has been dispatched to the carrier, the down payment is no longer refundable and is considered to be earned by American Auto Shipping, NO EXCEPTIONS.
2. While every effort will be made to confirm a driver for the estimated date above, no guarantee of pickup or delivery date can be made. Delays may occur due to carrier schedules, mechanical failure, inclement weather, acts of God, among other unforeseen circumstances. American Auto Shipping will not be responsible for any charges or liabilities incurred due to delay of pickup or delivery. This includes but is not limited to airline tickets or rental car fees. The client will be given the carrier’s schedule at the time of dispatch. The only exception to this is our Rental Car Reimbursement which includes a Free rental car if it takes longer than 14 days from pickup to delivery.
3. Rental car reimbursement will be up to $35 per day up to 15 days (rental car reimbursement is only valid within the continental 48 states, AK and HI shipments not included). To get paid for the rental car, submit the BOL that was signed at pickup by you and the BOL that was signed by you at delivery and a copy of your rental car receipt and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will mail your check within 5 days of receipt.
4. All clients are to receive a FREE car wash, interior included. Up to $20 per vehicle will be paid for the car wash. Simply have your car washed and take a picture of the receipt and email it to email@example.com and we will mail your check within 5 days.
5. Depending on which shipping option the client chooses: Standard, Priority or Expedited. The client agrees to allow American Auto Shipping the respective amount of time to secure a motor carrier to perform their transport. Dispatch times = Standard: 1-5 Weekdays (Works with about a 90% success rate and is recommended for people not in a hurry), Priority: ($200 more than standard) 1-2 Weekdays (Works with about a 90% success rate and is recommended for people with tight pickup timeframes), Expedited: ($500 more than standard) 1 Weekday (Works with about a 90% success rate and only works business days). The client agrees not to contract the services of any other broker or carrier during this time period. All expedited orders are guaranteed to be picked up within 24 hours of the expedited date they are made available or it will be $500 less if upgraded from standard or $300 less if upgraded from priority.
6. Client agrees not to do a chargeback for any reason as we have NO cancellation fees and the client can get a full refund of the down payment anytime before the vehicle is dispatched to the carrier as listed in paragraph 1. If the client does a chargeback for any reason, then the client must pay American Auto Shipping the outstanding amount owed plus reimbursement for all reasonable costs incurred in collecting any overdue payment or chargeback and related interest, including, without limitation, attorneys’ fees, legal costs, court costs, and collection agency fees and reports to all MAJOR CREDIT BUREAUS. All late payments and chargebacks will be charged interest, calculated from the date the payment was originally due, at a rate that is the lesser of: (a) 1.5% per month and (b) the highest rate permissible under applicable law.
7. The Customer acknowledges that, due to the instability of the current price of diesel fuel, there may be a price increase to the original quote. Once the vehicle is dispatched to the carrier, the price will never go up. In the event that the price is increased, American Auto Shipping will contact the Customer first to advise them of the increased cost. Agreeing to this increased price will ensure that the vehicle will be transported in a timely manner. However, the Customer reserves the right to refuse a price increase. In the event of a refusal from the Customer, American Auto Shipping will continue to list at the original quoted price. Should the Customer choose this option, they agree and understand that it will most likely take longer than originally anticipated to dispatch the vehicle. In any event, the Customer can cancel anytime for any reason and get a 100% refund of the down payment all the way up to the point where the vehicle is dispatched to the carrier.
8. Client agrees to be honest and upfront in representing the vehicle. Once a carrier is dispatched the final price will never be altered. Prices are all inclusive of taxes, tolls, full coverage insurance, and fuel. A copy of the dispatch notice will be sent to the Client at the time of dispatch. Any modifications or additions to the vehicle such as lift kits, big tires/rims, vehicles dropped low to the ground, or things of that nature must be stated upfront so American Auto Shipping can assign a carrier accordingly. Client also agrees to inform American Auto Shipping if the vehicle is non-running, prior to dispatching a carrier. Any misrepresentation of the vehicle may result in a change of price and/or a dry run fee of $150 if the carrier is made to attend the scene of the pick-up and the shipment is different from expected.
9. Carriers are not licensed or insured to transport any personal or household goods, however, we do understand that you may need to put some items in the vehicle. These items must be put in the trunk and kept to a limit of 100 lbs. Any exceptions must be previously discussed and approved by American Auto Shipping. An additional fee may be assessed for personal items of any weight. Any misrepresentation of the personal belongings will result in a change of price and/or a dry run fee of $150 if the carrier is made to attend the scene of the pick-up and the shipment is different from expected.
10. Contracted carriers provide door to door transport as long as the truck driver can physically reach the pick-up and delivery addresses. If access to the pickup or delivery location is restricted by narrow streets, low-hanging trees or tight turns, the driver may ask that you meet the truck at a large parking lot nearby, such as a grocery store.
11. American Auto Shipping’s 100% money-back guarantee: We will dispatch your vehicle within the listing period at the agreed-upon price with about a 90% success rate. If AAS fails to dispatch your vehicle within the listing period, at the agreed-upon price then AAS will issue a full refund of your down payment and we will cancel your shipment. You may at your discretion agree to relist the shipment with us.
12. Any damage incurred to a vehicle during transport falls directly under the responsibility of the carrier and not American Auto Shipping. All carriers contracted will have insurance to cover damage caused by the driver or theft during transport. In the event that damage is done, American Auto Shipping will provide you with a full insurance packet for the carrier to file a claim.
13. In order to provide you with the best possible service, American Auto Shipping offers our “Damage Free or We Help Pay” guarantee. If there is damage to your vehicle during transportation and the carrier’s insurance does not cover it we will help pay the deductible of your personal insurance. You will have to file a claim with your insurance company and if the claim has to be accepted by your insurance company then we will pay up to $500 towards the deductible. If your deductible is $200, we will pay $200, if your deductible is $700, we will pay $500 of that. You agree that this guarantee does not make American Auto Shipping liable for damages incurred before, during, or after transport as stated in section 12 above. In order for you to request reimbursement for out-of-pocket deductible expenses, you must first file a claim with the carrier and the carrier’s insurance company and be denied, and provide us with documented proof of such. You must also provide proof that a claim was made and accepted with your own insurance company, that the repair work was performed, and provide us with the total deductible amount that was paid by you out-of-pocket.
14. The client should under no circumstances release or receive vehicle(s) from a carrier without an inspection report (Bill of Lading/BOL) regardless of the time of day or the weather conditions. Failure to do so may result in the client’s inability to file a damage claim. Carriers insurance will only process claims for damages due to the carrier’s own negligence. Damage must be reported to American Auto Shipping within 24 hours of delivery. Damage must be clearly listed on the BOL and signed by the driver (no exceptions.) In the event that there is damage during transport, the client must notate those damages on the final inspection report, pay the remaining balance stated on this agreement, and then contact the carrier’s main office as well as the carrier’s insurance company. Failure to notate any damage on the final inspection report releases the carrier of any liability and would result in the inability to process a damage claim.
15. This agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of Nevada. The parties further agree that any legal action arising out of this agreement must be filed in a court of jurisdiction within Clark County, Nevada and American Auto Shipping’s liability is limited to the amount of money American Auto Shipping’s broker fee only. The client hereby submits to the jurisdiction of such courts and waives any right to jurisdiction in any other location.
To sign this document, click HERE or you can also scan the QR CODE below:
- Top Reasons Auto Shippers Are Delayed - January 9, 2023
- Tesla delivers first production semis to Pepsi - December 29, 2022
- New EPA Emissions Rules Decried by Truckers - December 22, 2022