St Louis is a separate, independent city from St Louis County, Missouri, located near the confluence of the Mississippi and Missouri rivers. The city is on the top 200 list of the world’s largest urban areas, and the Greater St Louis Metropolitan Statistical Area is home to over 2.5 million residents, making it the 16th largest metropolitan area in terms of population in the United States.
- No waiting, see your price NOW, Just fill out the form above.
- FREE door to door auto transport quotes for individuals, car dealers and other businesses.
- Whether you are shipping one vehicle or multiple vehicles. We can give you FAST, INSTANT, no obligation quotes.
The city was first founded in 1763 as a river city and trading post, but quickly grew into a regional powerhouse. It\’s location on the Mississippi and Missouri rivers made steamboat and riverboat traffic stop at St Louis, and constant trading helped the city grow.
This was also helped by the huge influx of immigrants that came to the city in the 1840’s, namely from Ireland, who came to the city and helped raise the population levels in the urban centers as well as giving the city a distinct flavor. Recently, the city has been hit hard by urban decay and white flight, but in 2006 was given the 2006 World Leadership Award in congratulations on their urban renewal programs.
Temperatures in the city rarely get above ninety degrees in the summer, and lows rarely get below the mid 50’s, usually hovering around 60 or so. However, during the winter months, temperatures drop to around 40 degrees as a typical high, and lows extending as far down as the mid teens for much of the state.
St Louis is a wonderful place to live, and if you’re looking for auto transport to the city, look no further than American Auto Shipping. One toll free call to 800-930-7417, or taking one minute to fill out our free online quote request form will net you a free, comprehensive quote right away. So call or go online today and see what American Auto Shipping can do for you!
- City of St. Louis Official Website: https://www.stlouis-mo.gov/
- St. Louis on Wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/St._Louis
- The Official Guide to St. Louis: https://explorestlouis.com
- St. Louis on City Data: http://www.city-data.com/city/St.-Louis-Missouri.html
St. Louis Zip Codes Include:
63140, 63145, 63199