Summer is here again and that means many more cars will be moving accross the country! Snowbirds are migrating!
auto shippers Archives
Analysts are currently predicting that gasoline prices will hit $5.00/gallon by 2012, and with the way gasoline prices are currently, it may be a reality sooner than we think. This has major implications for the auto transport industry, as most of their overhead comes from gasoline costs – at $5.00/gallon for gasoline or diesel (which is also expected to rise in relation to gasoline prices), auto transport prices will see a huge increase – but that won’t be the only consequence to stem from higher gas prices. Analysts are predicting that SUV sales will plummet as soon as the prices hit $3.50 or more. The biggest thing is that there is a precedent for this buying behavior – in October 2008, when gas prices rose about $3.00/gallon the first time, SUV sales dropped considerably. The auto transport industry saw this as well, as the number of SUV’s being shipped at the time dropped incredibly.
Customers are mainly concerned with gas mileage; saving gas and spending less time (and money) at the pump is crucial for potential buyers. Dealers are also gearing up for the beating that SUV sales will be taking; inventory at many dealerships has transitioned away from SUV’s and toward smaller, more fuel efficient vehicles to maintain supply for consumer demand. Auto transport companies, too, are gearing up for more small vehicle shipments in preparation for high gasoline prices and adjusting their prices accordingly to cover their overhead costs. So, if you’re looking for auto transport, be prepared to start paying a bit more money as gas prices continue to increase.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) has introduced their 2010 Comprehensive Safety Analysis 2010, which aims to improve truck safety for auto transport and other types of large hauling trucks as well as reduce crashes, injuries and fatalities related to auto transport and other large commercial vehicles. But this begs the question: what exactly are they planning?
Well, the FMCSA is looking at completely changing the way the auto transport industry works. Okay, maybe not completely, but there is a major factor that will play a major role in the way auto transport works: high speed rail lines are to be built across the United States, and the FMCSA is forecasting that commercial trucks aE" including major auto transport trucks aE" could be a thing of the past. Think about it: a train would be able to transport your vehicle at a fraction of the time for about the same cost as a major auto transport company today, all the while steering away from all the hazards that auto transport trucks tend to see on the roads aE" inclement weather, breakdowns, being too heavy at a weigh station aE" all that could be a thing of the past.
The plan is far from finished and it will take a long time for the United States to build all the new rail lines that they are planning on building, so the auto transport industry as it stands wonaE™t change much. However, if the FMCSA follows the advice of the United States Department of Transportation for the transport of vehicles, it very well could aE" instead of vehicles being transported by truck, theyaE™ll be transported by train, which would completely decimate the auto transport carriers that are currently operating. However, it is projected that completion of the proposed high-speed rail lines would be somewhere around 2030 aE" 20 years down the line. This may not seem too close, but for auto transport carriers (and brokers), itaE™s just a matter of time.
St. Louis is an exciting city with abundant culture and art. If youaE™re planning a visit or relocation to this fabulous city, you will enjoy learning about some hot spots to visit while youaE™re in town. Give these five favored sites a chance the next time youaE™re passing through or settling down in St. Louis.
1. Plan a visit to the Gateway Arch-Jefferson National Expansion Memorial. Spend an afternoon taking in the surrounding sites and traveling to the top of this unique, man-made memorial. Taller than any man-made monument in the nation, at a towering 630 feet; the Gateway Arch provides a variety of exciting activities.
2. Escape the city and find a natural oasis at Citygarden. This unique park features lush landscaping thataE™s full of variety aE" including 235 trees, 1170 shrubs, 4,194 flowers, native grasses, and wildflowers, and 32,000 square feet of lawn. Enjoy a wide range of sculptures throughout the park and have a meal or drink at the Terrace View Caf ©.
3. Bring your family along to enjoy free, world-class attractions like the local Art Museum, Zoo, Science Center, GrantaE™s Farm, and Anheuser-Busch Brewery. These exciting local attractions provide affordable entertainment thataE™s perfect for the whole family.
4. Relax at the Cathedral Basilica of St. Louis and take in some breathtaking mosaics. Rivaling many of the greatest cathedrals in the world, this masterpiece provides a unique perspective on art and history in St. Louis. Visit to behold the splendid sites and learn more about restoration efforts at this grand landmark.
5. Kick back and bask in live blues music in many St. Louis area taverns and bars. This city is widely known for its blues scene and there are many great opportunities to experience this music style throughout the city.If youaE™re planning a move to this awesome place, you will no doubt be looking for some helpful tips to make your relocation easier. Consider hiring professional auto shippers to maximize your moving budget and reduce overall stress. Auto shippers are often able to complete vehicle relocation at a lower cost than most do-it-yourself efforts aE" especially those over long distances.
Visit American Auto Shipping to find some of the most reputable auto shippers available. AmericanaE™s extensive network of experienced auto shippers makes it fast and easy to complete auto transport arrangements. Just visit AmericanAutoShipping.com to get started using their free online quote form. You will receive instant results with rates from leading auto shippers.
The city of Billings in Montana has experienced much growth at the start of 2010. This growth includes a large amount of in-bound moves and relocations. Many people have started searching for new locations to settle down that possess greater employment opportunities. Among the leading cities favored for relocation, Billings makes the top ten destinations.
This community is well known for quiet neighborhoods and a fast-growing business pace. Full of a wide range of cultural attractions, you will want to become familiar with these great sites for enriching activities. DonaE™t miss the Yellowstone Art Museum, Alberta Bair Theater, Moss Mansion, or Yellowstone National Park aE" if the opportunity presents itself.
Yellowstone is a breathtaking park full of some of the most amazing landscapes your eyes will ever take in. ItaE™s well worth the drive and offers a surprising amount of surreal beauty immersed in nature. DonaE™t miss this national park if youaE™re going to be in Montana.
Are you planning relocation to Billings? If youaE™re among the lucky ones, you will want to begin making arrangements for moving day as early as possible. Auto shippers may also provide very useful services to assist with vehicle relocation. ItaE™s important to compare the cost of working with professional auto shippers versus a do-it-yourself move. However, many people are surprised to find out that they might save money when choosing services provided by experienced auto shippers.
This is especially true when considering a cross-country move in the United States. Auto shippers provide an array of benefits that include cost savings and stress reduction as well as overall peace of mind. When youaE™re in the midst of a big move, you can use all the help that you can get. Take advantage of the expertise of professional auto shippers to simplify your to-do list and move on to more important tasks.
If youaE™re looking for reputable auto shippers, visit American Auto Shipping to learn more about this professional service. American provides a free online quote service with instant results. Receive quotes with rates, from up to 10 reputable and experience auto shippers in your area. Simply visit AmericanAutoShipping.com to begin finding some of the leading auto transport brokers quickly. American carefully screens each represented company to ensure that the highest standards of customer satisfaction and quality control are maintained. Working with American auto shippers means that customers will have less worry throughout their vehicle relocation.